CNC Setup & Programmer Employment Opportunities
At Avanti Engineering, Inc., we pride ourselves on our commitment to high quality screw machine products, customer service and competitive pricing. We are a team that focuses on customer needs, prompt responsiveness, performance, reliability, and quality, while continually improving the efficiency of our processes.
Avanti believes employee benefits are an essential and important part of total compensation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all eligible employees. The following list highlights the benefits program:
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation (after 1 year)
- 401K with Employer Matching 100%
- Company Uniforms
- Employer Paid Medical, Dental, and Life coverage
CNC Setup & Programmer Job Openings
Position: CNC Setup & Programmer
The CNC Set-Up and Programmer will be responsible for the CNC programming, improving process performance, tooling recommendations, identifying and reducing waste and troubleshooting.
- Program Miyano CNC lathes and Citizen CNC Swiss machines, manually and/or through use of CAD/CAM software.
- Analyze, review and optimize existing manufacturing processes to increase efficiency using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Maintain quality objectives, while controlling costs.
- Support floor personnel in troubleshooting process and/or quality problems.
- Qualify part set-up to ensure its satisfactory operation and instruct others on machining process.
- Analyze engineering drawings and tool layouts to determine optimum manufacturing sequence and tooling requirements for new designs or modifications of current products from a productivity and ongoing production standpoint.
- Work with trainees when necessary on good machining practices and inspection techniques.
Requirements and Skills:
- Five-plus years of proven hands -on programming experience on multi-axis Miyano CNC and/ or Citizen CNC Swiss lathe, either manually or with CAM software.
- Knowledge of Mitsubishi and Fanuc control.
- Knowledge of cutting tools used in CNC high-speed machining.
- Strong technical and analytical knowledge around manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- Coaching ability to help other team members with good machining practices and inspections techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with various gauging and inspection tools and techniques.
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical blueprints and Geometric Tolerance.
- Knowledge of metal cutting feeds and speeds for various types of material.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with others.
- High attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in job shop environment.
*Salary based on experience
Avanti Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.”